Sunday 22 November 2009

My interpretation

From the very beginning, ideas were coming thick and fast from all members of our group (the 3 out of 4 that were there anyway).

Here are some of the things that inspired my ideas:


My style is very much inspired by the art work from Heroes (TV series) and the illustrator Tim Sale. I have mentioned this artist in my own, personal blog.

Here is a link:
http://rorysnaddonmi.blogspot.com/2009/08/heroes.html

My love of films also inspired many of my ideas, so much so, that i had a whole page dedicated to doors from films/ based on films. My Third idea within the CPP Aardvark film, an epic 6hr drawing but only 1 minute of footage, was based around a collaboration between Men in Black 2 and Monsters Inc.



The idea of another universe/ galaxy behind a door intrigued me, espcially when playing with scale. Would the other world be much larger or smaller than our own. It all depends on which side of the door you are on.

The idea then developed into as i began to think about the first DVD that i owned and still have. Monsters inc. plays on a similar, different universe concept but actually involves a door. I then decided a characterised version would be more suitable for the overall theme as i wouldn't want to open a door to a bunch of monsters that want to kill me.

That is all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment